A 1-Day Workshop on
Writing Effective Meeting Minutes for Companies and Non-Profit Organization
Minutes are vital to the success of the meeting. They not only serve as your historical record of the meeting, but they also are ‘proof’ of the actions/outcomes made at these meetings.
For a role that carries significant responsibility, the minute-taker is more than just a ‘secretary’ who takes notes at great speed. A minute-taker requires specific skills in listening and writing the message which acts as reminders to participants at the meeting on who agreed on the actions and outcomes discussed or decided in the meeting.
This 1-day programme takes participants through the process of planning for a meeting to developing the key skills of listening, recording and summarizing the speaker’s point of view in the message.
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking and how they contribute to business decision-making.
- Learn techniques of summarizing the speaker’s message.
- Build successful sentences and paragraphs – using correct grammar, and punctuation’s that guides your reader.
- Use business phraseology that is stylistically appropriate to the reader and situations
- Improve your skills in writing clear and accurate minutes for better decision-making.
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
Date: 10th April 2018
Venue: Crystal Crown Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Course Fee: RM 800.00 per person*
Early Bird Fee: RM700.00 per person*
Register and pay up 2 weeks before the program to enjoy the discounted fee!
Course fee includes 2 tea breaks (morning and afternoon), a lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
*Price is inclusive of GST
HRDF – SBL CLAIMABLE
CPD: 8 hour
1. Getting Ready for the Meeting
- Arranging a meeting
- Define purpose of meeting
- Inviting the participants
- Structuring sections of a meeting
- Matters to be discussed
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters arising
- Reports and attachments
- Writing the agenda
- Agenda items
- Styles of agenda
Exercise to help participants draft a purpose agenda.
2. Attending the meeting
- Create the right environment
- Where to sit
- Finding out who’s who
3. Role of a Minute-taker
- Handling common problems
- Developing a meeting agreement
4. Developing the skills in taking notes
- Use bullet points, not sentences
- Look and listen
- Record the message, not the words
- Structure your notes
Participants get to practice recording of key message from a short video clip of a meeting.
5. Writing up the Minutes
- Content of minutes
- Styles of minutes
- Recording decisions and actions
- Layout and numbering
6. Business English for Minutes
- Why plain English?
- Watch your sentence structure
- How long is a paragraph?
- Problem punctuations
Nancy Ong is a certified trainer by Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB). She holds an MBA from the University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom, having initially qualified as a banker from the Chartered Institute of Bankers, United Kingdom. She is also a qualified teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), awarded by Teach International, Australia.
She specializes in programmes on Foreign Currency Management in International Trade; Credit Management; Trade Financing; Developing Business Plans; Business Writing and Communication; Presentation Skills; and Customer Relationship Management. Her expert knowledge and experience in finance and customer service are her assets in the development of these courses to meet the needs of the market. Her training has been well accepted and rated by her participants both in the public and in-house programmes that she conducts.
Nancy also Facilitated in MSC-Start Your Own Business Programme for ICT Graduates from 2004-2006. A total of 8 workshops with 20 participants per workshop were ran by MSC and Nancy facilitated the core module on Developing A Business Plan.
Some of the companies she has conducted training for includes Maersk Malaysia Bhd, Malaysia Smelting Corp., MITCO (Japan) Sdn. Bhd., Petronas Dagangan Berhad, Kum Printers Sdn. Bhd., and Chunghwa Picture Tubes (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Prior to corporate training, Nancy was in the banking and financial industry. During her service in OCBC Bank and EON Bank, she has gathered extensive experience in Customer Service, International Trade Finance, Branch Operations, Treasury Management, Project and Risk Management.
Who Will Benefit
- For managers, executives, team leaders from all levels of business operations; and anyone who seek to reduce their time taken to write professional, accurate minutes and build confidence in writing
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at email@example.com or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven