A 2-Day Workshop on
Using Financial Statements for Decision Making
Financial statements are key documents that give any interested person an insight into the financial aspects of any business from the large PLCs or MNCs to the small sole trader. Understanding these statements and being able to use them effectively enable any managers or professionals to evaluate the financial performance as well as the financial position of the entity in determining the relationship risks with the said entity. Such relationships may include investing, business partnership, credit assessment, etc. Furthermore, the ability to read analyze and interpret financial data in these financial statements of an entity is no longer an advantage but rather the inability to do so is considered a serious handicap.
- “Very good and useful course to understand financial statements. Very good facilitator.” Head of Engineering – Uniten”
- “Course delivered in a smooth and timely manner. Not a single minute was wasted. The facilitator definitely very knowledgeable and has a unique way to make a difficult subject understandable.” Counter Officer, Matrade
- “It’s a very good workshop.” Ministry of Energy, Green Technology & Water
- “Easy to adapt, not too technical, concise and illustrations are practical and the assignments and exercise has great value to the training.” Prudential Services
- To identify and understand the structure and function of financial statements
- To read the auditor’s report and evaluate the quality of the financial statements
- To understand the difference between cash flow, profit and net worth
- To use financial data in a Company’s financial statements and notes to evaluate its performance
- To use financial ratios to assess a company’s liquidity, profitability, management efficiency and financial structure.
- To use Market Performance Ratios to determine the valuation and performance of a company’s shares.
- To better communicate in financial terms on the working of a company and its operations.
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
Date: 5th & 6th April 2018
Venue: Armada Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Course Fee: RM 1,600.00 per person*
Early Bird Fee: RM1,450.00 per person*
Register and pay up 2 weeks before the program to enjoy the discounted fee!
Course fee includes 2 tea breaks (morning and afternoon), a lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
*Price is inclusive of GST
HRDF – SBL CLAIMABLE
CPD: 16 hour
Structure and Contents of financial statements
- Income Statement – the 4 profit lines / impact of non-core revenue
- Balance Sheet – classification of assets and liabilities
- Cash Flow Statement – generation & usage of cash flow
- Notes to the Financial Statements – window into details
The Auditor’s Report
- Scope and responsibilities of auditor
- Understanding the critical parts of the Auditor’s Report
Evaluating financial performance
- Value creation and Profitability
- Quality of Earnings
- Environment, product life cycle and corporate strategies
Evaluating Financial Position & Cash Flow
- Working capital & it’s quality
- Liquidity and Solvency
- Usage of resources and its efficiency
- Cash flow generation and adequacy
- Operating, Investing & Financing activities
Determining Business Valuation
- Value creation and P/E Ratio
- Earnings and Dividend Yield
- Asset valuation and NTA
Winson Han CA (M) CA (NZ) B COM
Winson Han is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 35 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and GST / management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven