A 2-Day Workshop on
Strategic Financial Analysis (Supporting your strategic objective)
Companies made numerous financial decisions in the course of their business and operations to support and achieve the various strategic objectives set; be it to expand its market share, entering and investing into new markets, product development, reducing its risk exposure etc. Financial analysis is a required process in many decision-making processes. Managers and executives in both operations and corporate must understand and make sense of financial information within and outside the organization. They are required to acquire an understanding of the methodologies to be
able to analyze and interpret; and in the process, make informed decision that enhance the success of their strategy
- Learn to use financial data in a Company’s financial statements to evaluate its performance and position;
- Learn to use ratios as a management tool to assess a company’s liquidity, earnings (profitability), efficiency and financial structure.
- To understand cost concepts and behaviour; and how they impact the performance of a company
- To use Cost Volume Profit model for decision making
- Learn to use Market Performance Ratios to determine the valuation of a company and performance of a company’s shares.
- Understand the impact of interest and time value of money in the evaluation of project and investment
- Learn to better communicate in financial terms on the working of a company and its operations
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
Date: 5th & 6th April 2018
Venue: Crystal Crown Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Course Fee: RM 1,600.00 per person*
Early Bird Fee: RM1,450.00 per person*
Register and pay up 2 weeks before the program to enjoy the discounted fee!
Course fee includes 2 tea breaks (morning and afternoon), a lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
*Price is inclusive of GST
HRDF – SBL CLAIMABLE
CPD: 16 hour
a) Structure and Contents of financial statements
- Income Statement – the 4 profit lines / impact of non-core revenue
- Balance Sheet – classification of assets and liabilities & etc.
b) Effective use of Vertical Analysis and Horizontal Analysis
c)Evaluating financial performance
- Value creation and Profitability
- Quality of Earnings & etc.
d) Evaluating Financial Position & Cash Flow
- Working capital & it’s quality
- Liquidity and Solvency & etc.
e) Determine Earnings
- Value creation and earnings
- EPS, ROA and ROE & etc.
f) Determining Business Valuation
- Value creation and P/E Ratio
- Earnings and Dividend Yield & etc.
Case Study – Analyzing and interpreting financial ratios using Annual Reports of 2 selected PLCs.
g) Costing for Business Performance
- Costs Concepts and Behavior – Fixed and Variable Costs
- Cost Allocation, Apportionment and Absorption & etc.
h) Costing for Management Decision Making
- Cost-Volume-Profit Relationship
- BEP & Targeting Profit & etc.
i) Project & Investment Appraisal
- Time and Value of Money
- Interest and WACC & etc.
Winson Han CA (M) CA (NZ) B COM
Winson Han is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 35 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and GST / management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies including a group of companies with annual turnover exceeding RM1.2 billion, to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. He also advises on GST covering design and implementation and ongoing compliance with the GST legislations.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer, GST Tax Agent and holds a Degree in Commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants
Who Will Benefit
- Business owners / Entrepreneurs
- Company directors / Company Secretaries
- Business / finance managers and executives
- Credit managers and executives
- Accounting personnel
- Anyone who has a need to evaluate the performance / position of a company
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven