A 1-Day Workshop on
Letter Of Credit And Documentary Collection In Import And Export Practices
Importers and exporters often use Letters of Credit and Documentary Collections as payment instruments to protect their purchases and sales in the international trade transaction. What is the value and the advantages of such instruments in protecting the terms of sale? What are the costs and risks to the importer and exporter?
In this 1-day programme, we provide you with:
- An understanding of the payment instruments,
- Recognition of the risks in using each of the payment instrument
- An insight into the proper procedures of negotiating for LC terms to minimise risk of non-payment.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is documentary collections and its value as a payment instrument
- Understand the key concepts of a Letter of Credit and its cost as a payment instrument
- Identify the risks in using such payment instruments
- Reduce discrepancies in documentation and to increase the chance of receiving payment promptly
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
Date: 23rd April 2018
Venue: Crystal Crown Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Course Fee: RM 800.00 per person*
Early Bird Fee: RM700.00 per person*
Register and pay up 2 weeks before the program to enjoy the discounted fee!
Course fee includes 2 tea breaks (morning and afternoon), a lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
*Price is inclusive of GST
HRDF – SBL CLAIMABLE
CPD: 8 hour
1. Difference between Documentary Collection and Letter of Credit
2. The Documentary Collection
3. The Steps in Documentary Collection
4. The Letter of Credit
5. The Steps in Establishing a Letter of Credit
6. How to Reduce Discrepancies in Documentation
Nancy Ong is a certified trainer by Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB). She holds an MBA from the University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom, having initially qualified as a banker from the Chartered Institute of Bankers, United Kingdom. She is also a qualified teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), awarded by Teach International, Australia.
She specializes in programmes on Foreign Currency Management in International Trade; Credit Management; Trade Financing; Developing Business Plans; Business Writing and Communication; Presentation Skills; and Customer Relationship Management. Her expert knowledge and experience in finance and customer service are her assets in the development of these courses to meet the needs of the market. Her training has been well accepted and rated by her participants both in the public and in-house programmes that she conducts.
Nancy also Facilitated in MSC-Start Your Own Business Programme for ICT Graduates from 2004-2006. A total of 8 workshops with 20 participants per workshop were ran by MSC and Nancy facilitated the core module on Developing A Business Plan.
Some of the companies she has conducted training for includes Maersk Malaysia Bhd, Malaysia Smelting Corp., MITCO (Japan) Sdn. Bhd., Petronas Dagangan Berhad, Kum Printers Sdn. Bhd., and Chunghwa Picture Tubes (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Prior to corporate training, Nancy was in the banking and financial industry. During her service in OCBC Bank and EON Bank, she has gathered extensive experience in Customer Service, International Trade Finance, Branch Operations, Treasury Management, Project and Risk Management.
Who Will Benefit
- Business owners and Managers in:
- Transport and Logistics
- Finance /Accounts and Risk Management Departments
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven