A 1-Day Workshop on
Final GST-03 Return,1st SST-02 Returm, & SST Accounting For Transitional Issues, Service Tax & Sales Tax
(Including updates on the 2019 Budget)
The 1st SST-02 return will be due shortly by end of the month or November 2018 and the final GST-03 Return will be due by 29 December 2019. What are the issues under the 3 legislations namely GST, Sales Tax and Service Tax need to be dealt with?
- Transitional issues under GST covering the Zero-rated period and SST period; and the need to review previous submissions to prepare for closure audit.
- Accounting for exemptions for sales and purchases under Sales Tax
- Tax due on payments received and unpaid invoices at end of 12 months period; and claiming under contra system.
- Accounting for transactions on GST transitional issues, Sales Tax and Service Tax.
Persons responsible for and those in charge of administrating the taxes need to know and understand the issues at hand well and how to deal with the technicalities; and also the accounting aspect of the transactions involving the 3 taxes.
This 1-Day program seeks to equip and provide the person in charge with the knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the tasks before them and to meet the requirements of GST Act, Sales Tax Act and Service Tax Act and to submit the final GST-03 Return Form and SST-02 Return in good time
● Know the critical points in the SST system to account for the tax and the need for a structured accounting system to pick up the tax and to fulfil the requirements of the SST-02 return.
● Learn to set-up an SST accounting system with the appropriate accounting codes to capture the information required under Sales Tax and Service Tax.
● Learn the accounting entries based on 20 case studies covering the full spectrum of GST transitional issues and transactions under both Sales Tax and Service Tax.
● Learn to relate the fields on SST-02 Return Form to the accounting system and codes.
● Understand the issues and requirements for a complete working “SST Compliant” accounting system (software) and proposed solutions.
● Know what it takes to ensure that all GST matters are accounted for and in compliance prior to the submission of the final GST-03 Return.
● Learn to fill in the SST-02 Return Form with ease.
● Learn to prepare supporting schedules, reconciliation statements and other reports for the SST-02 Return.
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
16th November 2018,Friday @ Crystal Crown Hotel, Petaling Jaya
21st November 2018,Wednesday @ Vistana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Full Course Fee – RM 700.00 (inclusive of GST)
- Early bird fee of RM600 if payment is made at least 14 days before event date.
- Group Discount of 10% for 3 or more participants from the same company on applicable fee.
- Course fee includes 2 tea breaks, lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
This is an approved HRDF-SBL program.
CPD: 8 hour
- GST-03 Return
- SST – 02 Return
- SST Accounting
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
- Budget 2019
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 40 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and GST / management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning (financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis. He currently consults on GST for an international trading corporation with an annual turnover of RM 1.2 billion and is a Customs approved GST tax agent.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial planning & budgeting, cost management, and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven