A 2-Day Workshop on
Basic Accounting – Understanding the Mechanics behind the numbers (A practical approach)
- To provide participants with a basic and sound understanding of business accounting and their applications in the workplace.
- Get an overview of the entire accounting system and understanding of how transactions are sorted, classified and categorized into meaningful financial information.
- Learn how to prepare the final accounts – Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- To understand and be able to utilize accounting information in their works and to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- To enable participants to better interact with the accounts or finance department to enhance cooperation and to secure their support in achieving departmental objectives.
- Understand how various legislations like Companies Act, Income Tax Act and MPERS / MFRS govern the accounting function.
- Understand the impact of GST on business operations and its implication on the accounting process
Time: 9.00am to 5.oopm
Date: 22nd & 23rd March 2018
Venue: Crystal Crown Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Course Fee: RM 1,600.00 per person*
Early Bird Fee: RM1,450.00 per person*
Register and pay up 2 weeks before the program to enjoy the discounted fee!
Course fee includes 2 tea breaks (morning and afternoon), a lunch, course material and certificate of attendance.
*Price is inclusive of GST
HRDF – SBL CLAIMABLE
CPD: 16 hour
Introduction to Accounting
- Understanding Accounting and Book Keeping
- The needs and uses of accounting
- Accounting convention, concepts and principles
- Decision making and accounting
- An overview of the accounting system
- The Accounting Equation – Debit & Credit
- Accounting documentation and records keeping
- Accounts, classification and recording
- System of check and balances
Finalizing the accounts at year-end
- Balancing accounts and trial balance
- Provisioning for expenses – depreciation, bad debts● Closing the accounts and correction of errors
Drawing up the final accounts and financial statements
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash flow statement
GST and its impact on accounting
- Types of Supplies and Supply Rules
- Tax invoice, CN, DN and adjustments
- Accounting for Output Tax and claim for input tax
- Preparation and submission of GST 03
- GST Compliance Software and GAF
Legislations and their impact on accounting
- The Companies Act, 1965
- The Income Tax Act, 1967 and Public Rulings
- MPERS / MFRS
Winson Han CA (M) CA (NZ) B COM
Mr. Winson Han is a PSMB Certified Trainer and a Chartered Accountant by profession. He has over 30 years of experience having served as accountant in practice, industry and commerce, practicing company secretary, financial controller and management consultant.
He has facilitated many public and in-house seminars in financial analysis, financial planning,cost management, GST and entrepreneurship for many PLCs, MNCs, government agencies and accounting & professional associations. He has been the principal facilitator for “Financial Analysis and Valuation”, a core paper for a post-graduate diploma in applied finance and investment awarded by FINSIA, Australia.
Mr. Han holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged Institute known as Chartered Accountants – Australia and New Zealand and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Winson is a Chartered Accountant by profession and has over 35 years of experience having served in various roles as practicing accountant, company secretary, financial controller and GST / management consultant.
He presently consults and advises companies and in particular SMEs to better manage their businesses through an integrated process covering strategic planning; tactical design, planning
(financial and otherwise) and implementation; and monitoring, review and analysis; and also in complying with the requirements of the GST Act. He has been involved in the training and consulting on GST since 2014 and now consult an international trading corporation and its subsidiaries with a turnover of over RM 1.2 billion. Mr. Han holds GST Tax License from the Royal Malaysian Customs Department.
Besides consulting, Mr. Han is also actively involved in conducting public and in-house seminars targeting the non-financial audience in financial management and analysis, financial
planning & budgeting, cost management, and credit and cash flow management. He is a PSMB (HRDF) certified trainer and holds a degree in commerce from New Zealand and is a member of the newly merged institute known as “Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand” and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Mike KM Ng, PJK
Mike K M Ng has been engaged in the financial and corporate sector for more than 33 years. Over these years, he has accumulated extensive experience and skill sets in management accounting, financial planning and management, corporate consulting, internal audit, company secretarial practice, taxation, credit control and risk management implementation for all levels of organizations.
His initial involvement in training commenced as early as1975 when he was lecturing in curriculum for working adults in the educational institutions viz. Goon Institute, Goon Computer & Management Studies Center and Informatics Computer Center. His last position was as Group Accountant in the commercial sector before establishing his own firm and commencing practice in 1985 as corporate consultants, financial planner and company secretaries.
Mike Ng has now returned to his initial interest in training and desire to impart his knowledge and experience to others. In 1997 he was conferred the Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (PJK) Award by His Royal Highness, The Sultan of Selangor in recognition of his contribution towards community & social work in Selangor.
Mike is a fellow member of the Association of International Accountants, United Kingdom, National Institute of Accountants, Australia; and Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries. He is also a member of the Malaysian National Computer Confederation and a Certified Financial Planner.
If you’re interested in this program, you can register for it by downloading our registration form, fill it up and you can either email it to us at email@example.com or fax it to us at: +603-7972 2672.
ARROW TRAINING SDN. BHD. – 509292-A
No. 3-2, Plaza Danau Desa 2, Jalan 4/109F, Taman Danau Desa,Off Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7980 3688
Fax: 03-7972 2672
Contact person: Mike / Steven